help on asbestos popcorn

Page 2 of 2
I might have mis-spoke. It is the popcorn crap. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with ceiling terms.

I have to chime in with the others who say do it yourself and save a bundle. The stuff comes off mucho easy and the "hazard" is about as great as walking down a beach on a windy day.
The only, repeat ONLY cases of asbestosis are found in people who spend 8 hours a day, five days a week, for twenty years, working with raw friable asbestos without adequate lung protection.
The real fun comes after it's down and you have to skim coat the ceiling before texturing and painting. If I had it to do over again, I'd hire this part out. It's a bitch.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /
Frank Warner wrote:

I agree that asbestosis and mesothelioma are a rare outcome of prolonged exposure, one must keep up to date on the latest Abestos information out there. I googled and found http://www.asbestos-now.com which seems to have a decent collection of information.
Just my 2c
J-