help needed please

Hi all, I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you were having a building project done for yourself, would you be willing to pay a little more to use sustainable, environmentally friendly products? I would be gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be fine. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
dave

JillAdams

that figures ... it's some drunk ass alcoholic uk git who doesn't know what repect is cause he had no real parents.

Reply to
JillAdams

Geeze JILLY calm down, maybe he's all on and maybe its you that has been attention starved and you need to display your sense of loss here cause you cannot manage to let your emotions out in a face to face with anyone. I would go out and tell the first person that you see in public that your parents starved you of attention and love, boy, after that you'll feel great and you may have made a new friend!

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Dave:

Same post to 5 other NGs!

Stick with alt.survey.net NG, This is not a topic for this NG, we're here to try to keep out homes in good repair, not to be your survey subjects for thesis.

Jay

help needed please Hi all, I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. ... alt.home.repair - Apr 9, 12:57 am by dave - 4 messages - 3 authors

survey help please Hi all, I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. ... uk.d-i-y - Apr 9, 12:56 am by dave - 2 messages - 2 authors

survey help please Hi all, I am in the process of doing a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you ... alt.building.construction - Apr 9, 12:49 am by dave - 1 message - 1 author

Survey help please Hi all, I am in the process of doing a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you ... sci.environment - Apr 9, 12:45 am by dave - 3 messages - 3 authors

assignment help please Hi, I am in the process of doing a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you were ... alt.survey.net - Apr 7, 9:54 pm by dave burrows - 1 message - 1 author

help for assignment Hi, I am in the process of doing a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you were ... alt.building.environment - Apr 7, 9:36 pm by dave burrows - 1 message - 1 author

Reply to
Jay

Of course not. Environmentally-friendly techniques have to be CHEAPER than the alternatives. By whatever excessive amount the cost of a green-earth alternative, you have an exact amount of wealth destroyed.

An extra $100 spent on electricity for the summer or by using ground-up tires in concrete is $100 that cannot be spent to discover a cure for cancer or any other useful purpose. including beer.

Post here, read here.

Reply to
HeyBub

But more expensive can be cheaper. Paying more now to save lots later is a way of having beer money every year.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Case in point, I am spending 8500.00 on a new furnace. This new furnace may cost ALOT right now, but I will not be spending all that money on oil over the long run. Plus, I will be saving water too!

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

yes.

Reply to
dnoyeB

If the degree is in economics, you need only go to George Mason University's website and look for Waletr Williams' home page. There, you will find a list of articles which will adequately explain the answer you seek.

A survey asking what people *would* do is irrelevant to reality when it has been established time and again what people *have* done. People act in the manner most economical for them. Time has shown that when people are allowed to do so, their charitable acts increase dramatically.

The "green lobby" has to understand that economics is the driving force behind consumer decision-making. Unfortunately, the environmental movement is laden with people who are less interested in envirnmental issues than in economic issues, spoecifically looking to undermine free market systems. For them, what is good for the environment is irrelevant; only what achieves their objective of wreaking havoc on business is important. This includes having environmentalists at odds with corporate America.

The other side is those who capitalize on the green movement by making products which purportedly comply with their standards, and ensuing government regulation requiring their use. Often the product is actually counterproductive to the aim of the environmentalists and inconvenient to consumers. As an example, low flush toilets, which reduced water per flush but required multiple flushes and clogged repeatedly. No one would have bought these, but they were mandated by law. They were counterproductive and inconvenient, but they probably enriched some toilet manufacturers and politicians.

Reply to
celticsoc