HELP, I need a Briggs & Stratton "EXPERT"!

Page 2 of 2
I have seen brand new B&S engines come from the factory with not enough valve clearance. I made one heck of a buy on a riding mower once because the dealer couldn't figure out why the engine kept dying after several minutes of running. He took it back from an unhappy customer, don't know why he didn't replace the engine under warrantee but I didn't care.
Walt Conner

unless
Interesting thanks
Head gasket is definately ok. I did not replace it after removing the head, but it looked quite good. Definately no leak path observed at all. Either with the gasket or mating surfaces. I have done this in the past with other engines with no problem.
wrote:

Bill Lewis snipped-for-privacy@erols.com REMOVE both "nospam-" in return address to reply.
which side of the diaphragm is the pump spring and cup on?? sounds like you're running out of fuel in the primary metering well. Chip
Since you've had it apart this far (sorry, didn't read quite thoroughly enough), it's time to check the clearance from the valves to the push rods.
Usually low valve clearance starts after about 15 minutes. I've seen it a couple times, and it is enough to drive an expert mechanic blinko.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus