Help! Hot Water Leak in the Shower!!

I have a hot water leak in the shower which I am trying to fix. I have done the following: 1) replaced the valve seat, 2) replaced the valve stems (American Standard compression valve stems) 3) have checked that the seat is positioned correctly
Yet the leak continues unabated...I'm open to new ideas and suggestions.

i had so many troubles with new parts that were no longer compatible i bit the bullet and replaced the entire mess with a delta temperature balance with flow control valve, my only regret i didnt do it sooner.
compare carefullt the old and new valve stems, i found the new made in china ones were slightly different.
is the leak a drip or in the wall leak?
lefthanderla wrote:

When you replaced the seat, did you use sealant (pipe dope) on the seat threads? If not, water can seep past the threads. I wouldn't use Teflon tape for this.
Jim

Is that the same thing as plumber's grease? I did use that.
lefthanderla wrote:

No, not grease. Water pressure will just squeeze it out.
Like this: http://www.herchem.com/products/thread_sealants.html You can get a small tube. Get all the grease off first.
You can also use LocTite, one of the non-permanent types.
Jim