Help! Fridge/Freezer not keeping cold.

I have a 6-year-old Maytag model MTB2156DEW. Freezer not keeping cold enough. Ice maker makes ice intermittently. Freezer temperature is 23* and the fridge is 30*.
Two days ago we unplugged the fridge for 24 hours. The next day everything seemed to be working good. Today the freezer is getting frost on one side in the back. This a frost-free freezer. Freezer top, fridge bottom. Can anyone please give me any suggestions.
I am not a technician, but from past experience sometimes either a circulating fan or filter needs servicing. If you haven't done it already, remove the bottom grill and vacuum the coils. Sometimes there is a fan and filter in the back of some units. Roll the fridge out to check. If all else fails, read the manual or call a technician.

donh wrote:

And defroster(basically a heater which comes on once a day) timer going bad?