Heat recovery from molten slag

Is there any techology available to recover the waste heat from the molten slag comes out from copper smelter or iron smelter?
govind wrote:

Technology, surely. Economically viable, probably not so much.
can you provide the details about the technology supplier?
dpb wrote:

govind wrote:

I'm simply saying one could devise ways to capture some of the reject heat, but they would be expensive and probably somewhat cumbersome to the processing...
dpb wrote:

as compared to the value of the heat recovered...
IsilUnal had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Heat-recovery-from-molten-slag-311486-.htm : Hello I have a problem about your subject. I am working for an iron &steel company and we want to know the thecnique to use the energy oj slag. Is there any development about your question?

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 350915 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
govind wrote:

I saw a show about a cat that lived at a small foundry. She napped on a wooden beam above the slag pit, soaking up the warmth.
Does that count?