Heat Pump Thermostat Wiring

Condensing Unit: Goodman GSH14030 heat pump. Air Handler: Goodman ARUF3030 with a 10kW heat kit.
I plan to replace a White Rogers 1F82-261 thermostat with their new 1F95-1277 because I want the larger text display. In the old thermostat, the orange wire is connected to the O/B contact (changeover relay). The new thermostat has both a B contact (energized in Heat/Emergency mode) and an O contact (energized in Cool/Off mode).
The condesing unit installation and service reference manual shows no B connection. Should this terminal on the thermostat be ignored?