Heat Pump in Virginia

Page 2 of 2

No doofus... Here we cant install heat pumps without backup heat....if you knew anything about code, you would know that. There is only one area I know of that prohibits electric back up heat in a heat pump application, and you HAVE to use the no heat kits with it..and its not in NC. I love how you are trying to spin this...I didint take offence to what you said, other than the fact you are attempting to change what was said... What I said was...
simply put btw
If you are too stupid to understand what in hell we are talking about, stay out of the conversation.
You keep proving over and over all you want to do is stir shit...keep it up, the smarter folks in here know who is teh troublemaker. You dont fit in the smarter catagory either Terry.

Right now, it is 24 degrees outside and I only have me heat pump running. No back up heat. Thermostat is set at 72 degrees and it's 72 degrees in the house. and I know some may say "Well, the auxilary heat coming on whether you know it or not". Well, I have it disabled by a toggle switch. It will only come on when I have the switch on, which I only do when it gets down in the low 20s or when it seems like it's struggling to keep up. Right now it's fine....

Better get a parka if you do...the wind-chill from a heat pump can be BRUTAL