Hardwired electric range?

If a range is hardwired instead of attached plug-n-cord, does it now need an insulated neutral wire (like a 4-wire receptical), or can it be still hooked up with SE cable or 6-2 romex? New installation, not a retrofit. I'm just curious.
Thanks, Bob

Ranges I am not sure about, I know dryers now in this jurisdiction require 4 wire. My guess since the clock is 120 v your going to need 4 wire. I would for sure put a cord and plug on it. SER is not that much more expensive...

Range and dryer connections with a covered bare neutral conductor are no longer allowed. Only existing SE from a service rated panel can remain.
-- Mark Kent, WA