Grout seal on porcelain tub floor

I'm about to seal the grout on a small corner shower floor - small 2x2 porcelain tiles. I'm almost sure the tile installer said it would be OK to seal BOTH grout and tile in shower to insure better water- proofing. Everybody I asked said this is not needed because tile is sealed already. Anybody wan't to add their 2 cents? THANKS

Here's mine 2

Sealing the tiles may not be "needed", but you might as well.
I just finished a house where I carefully sealed only the grout lines in a standard bathtub, then quickly sealed both the tile and grout in a large walk-in shower. These were 18" tiles with 3/8" grout lines.
The only difference was the time to do the work. The shower had at least four times as much tile as the tub, but it took only 1/4 as much time.
Read the label on your sealer. Some don't change the look of the tile.
Test the sealer in on a scrap tile on in a hidden corner. Since you have porcelain tiles, it probably won't matter.
Did I mention that you should read the label on the sealer?