Grout dried on tumbled marble HELP!

Hi There,

I just finished my first tile job and am really thrilled with the way that it came out. Except there are a few areas that I guess that I just didn't clean enough and now there are spots of grout and/or mortar here and there. My tiles are tumbled marble, I used tri-poly unsanded grout and a multipurpose thin-set mortar. I tried scrubbing with a scotchbright pad but it isn't doing a thing. It has been dried for about 48 hours now. Is there any chemical I can use that is appropriate for marble?

Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks! Diana

Reply to
screamingchild

Like I tell my clients, you get what you pay for. Like you, next time they call a professional.

Reply to
CBHvac

Hi Diana

I just laid 120sqft of 4x4 tumbled marble. I found that a putty knife and some elbow grease would take off the grout that I had failed to clean off. Even four days after.

I had applied a light coat of sealer to the tiles b-4 I laid them though.

Good luck.

Reply to
charbroil bad

Thanks! This acutally works. However it does involve a LOT Of eblow grease. But whatever takes it off. (I too applied a light coat of sealer before grouting but think that I should have waited longer before grouting.)

Thanks again! Diana

Reply to
screamingchild