Ground wire to water pipes

Now that I've had proper grounding installed in my breaker box, and have had my hot, cold, and gas pipes bonded to that ground, should I remove the cold water grounds that the previous owner installed? I didn't think to ask the electrician while he was here, however as I got into the shower I was wondering if it should be done.
I know the previous owner installed a ground wire from the kitchen outlet grounds to the cold water pipe below - should that be clipped and removed before I use that outlet? He had also originally installed a ground wire from the washing machine to the cold water tap, so I know there are a few of those around.
Eigenvector wrote:

Doesn't matter. Probably. Good is redundancy is good.
"Ground redundancy" actually isn't always so good as you may think.
What is called a ground loop can be anything from an annoying problem to costing the owners dollars to find & fix to something that may be dangerous to certain appliances.

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:45:48 -0700, "Eigenvector"

For residental purposes, current NEC doesn't seem to allow such a ground method. You might want to have someone look at it.
later,
tom

I'll remove it when I replace the Romex. It doesn't sound dangerous so I won't worry, but I will correct it when the wiring is replaced. The previous owner clipped all the ground wires in the Romex, so I have to replace it in order to get grounded service at that fixture.

FUCK NEC
DK wrote:

Spoken like a man who likes to learn from his own mistakes rather than learn from others.
Well I could be wrong maybe he does not learn from his own mistakes either.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit