Ground wire to water pipes

Now that I've had proper grounding installed in my breaker box, and have had my hot, cold, and gas pipes bonded to that ground, should I remove the cold water grounds that the previous owner installed? I didn't think to ask the electrician while he was here, however as I got into the shower I was wondering if it should be done.

I know the previous owner installed a ground wire from the kitchen outlet grounds to the cold water pipe below - should that be clipped and removed before I use that outlet? He had also originally installed a ground wire from the washing machine to the cold water tap, so I know there are a few of those around.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Doesn't matter. Probably. Good is redundancy is good.

Reply to
HeyBub

For residental purposes, current NEC doesn't seem to allow such a ground method. You might want to have someone look at it.

later,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

I'll remove it when I replace the Romex. It doesn't sound dangerous so I won't worry, but I will correct it when the wiring is replaced. The previous owner clipped all the ground wires in the Romex, so I have to replace it in order to get grounded service at that fixture.

Reply to
Eigenvector

FUCK NEC

Reply to
DK

Spoken like a man who likes to learn from his own mistakes rather than learn from others.

Well I could be wrong maybe he does not learn from his own mistakes either.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

"Ground redundancy" actually isn't always so good as you may think.

What is called a ground lo>> Now that I've had proper grounding installed in my breaker box, and

Reply to
glenn P