Grizzley Table Saw Jammed

I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power.
Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this?
Thank you very much in advance.
Dwight Gibb

UNplug the saw.
then lift the table insert and check for debris/scraps around the blade,check the belts and pulleys.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Are you sure it is jammed and not a motor fault? My table saw did something similar to this, I tried changing the capacitor, but no joy. I pulled the motor apart and found points that controlled the start windings. I filed those and was back up and running.
Eric in North TX wrote:

Thanks v ery much for the ideas!