Great service from Intermatic

I thought I'd add some balance to all the complaints about lame service from other companies.

Two years ago, I installed an Intermatic timer to control my porch light containing a compact fluorescent bulb. The timer died in about a month. Lowe's replaced it at no charge. The second one died, too. Called Intermatic, who said they were aware of the problem, but didn't have a solution yet. They sent another replacement and told me to discard the dead unit. I installed the replacement in a place where I was using a regular bulb.

Remember: That was 2 years ago.

Yesterday, UPS shows up at my door and delivers a new timer, with a letter saying (basically) "Sorry we pissed you off, here's a new timer, totally redesigned". I'm still not clear as to whether it'll handle a CF bulb, so I've left a message with their tech support department.

Two years later? What kind of company remembers this stuff? Amazing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Lucky!!........I have never heard of such a thing , 2 years later non the less....unheard of.... CONGRATS!!

Reply to
avid_hiker

kudos to intermatic!

Reply to
dnoyeB

Intermatic makes several timers including one that has a tiny motor that moves a switch to turn the light on and off. That is the only one suitable for CF bulbs. THey have been making it for years.

I don't believe any of their timers work with CF bulbs unless they have a new model that I am unaware of.

I have 3 of these installed. All work well except the battery compartment if flimsy on the originals I installed several years ago and one recently broke. I ordered a replacement switch and the battery compartment had been completely redesigned.

Reply to
Art

They probably outsourced their customer complaints to New Delhi or Singapore :o) I've gotten a number of calls on my cell phone this week from an unrecognized number; no ID. I finally answered and it was a sales pitch from my own phone company, from a party whose English was barely understandable. And I'm on the no-call list. Why pay someone $8/hour to do what somebody else will do for $4?

Reply to
Norminn

Update: Their tech support department just returned my call. The new model they sent me - ST01C - ***IS*** compatible with CF bulbs. UPC code:

78275-10143.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Non sequitur. They returned the call same day. The guy was definitely from "around here".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

At Garner & Smith Bookstore in Austin, a strange book arrived one day from McGraw-Hill. It had the store's special order number on it, albeit quite old. The original special order was found in the attic -- from ELEVEN YEARS previous!

The store's owner went to the ex-students association to find the current address of the student from over a decade earlier. When contacted and told that his book had arrived, the ex-student (now a successful lawyer) laughed and asked if the bookstore owner was drunk!

Yes, that stuff happens.

Reply to
HeyBub