goose neck, industrial quality, battery powered LED (bright) light

Since I'm here ...

I'm looking for an industrial quality, goose necked LED, clip mount, battery powered, flashlight.

I work in an industrial environment, working inside a complex machines, aligning this and that. We all struggle with "light". There just isn't enough.

The company purchased some "damn" bright LED lights, but they are hand held. We need a goose necked, battery operated light, that clips. The areas are tight, so it can't have a head a foot across (like a trouble light flood).

It has to be industrial quality. We'd spend $100 on it. It must clip mount. It must be bright. It must last at least 4 hours.

Thank you all.

Reply to
oldyork90

LED, clip mount, battery powered, flashlight.

a complex machines, aligning this and that. We all struggle with "light". There just isn't enough.

but they are hand held. We need a goose necked, battery operated light, that clips. The areas are tight, so it can't have a head a foot across (like a trouble light flood).

on it. It must clip mount. It must be bright. It must last at least 4 hours.

Is Black and Decker snake light close? You may need to work with a machine shop, have them drill and tap and mount on a clip for you, on existing light of some kind.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

*I have been using headlights for the past few years. I still have the first set that I bought, but it is not as bright as the newer models. The second one that I bought died after a year and I got a refund. My latest one I have to shut off or adjust the angle when I look at people because it is blinding.

Check this out:

John Grabowski

John Grabowski

I bought a cheap one when I got frustrated working under a sink trying to hold a flashlight in my mouth.

Smartest thing I've done in a long time. It's amazing how often I grab that little head lamp. Mine is single LED, switchable from 35 or 100 luments, I never need the high power. Cost about $12, or you can pay $300+ for the good ones.

Reply to
TimR

I have a Princeton headlamp (which I believe are the original that everyone clones!) made in USA. Excellent, but an older non-LED.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I like the batteries on back. Helps with balance, I'd guess. I've never had a strap on head lamp with batteries on the back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

under a sink trying to hold a flashlight in my mouth.

amazing how often I grab that little head lamp. Mine is single LED, switchable from 35 or 100 luments, I never need the high power. Cost about $12, or you can pay $300+ for the good ones.

This one from HF, you can put in a LED module for Mini Mag, and it works fine. The elastic goes limp after a while, so buy several, and move the module as needed.

Stormin Mormon

I've got an older Black Diamond that uses 3 AA's in a battery box at the back of your head. It can be awkward. My go to headlamp in a Tikka with the AAA's contained in the lamp housing. It's lighter and handier.

Reply to
rbowman