Good plumbers in NYC area?

Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area? Thanks
On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers. NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI, Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.
On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:22:58 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?
IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just cause he lived in Brooklyn.

OK, I clarified the question. I thought that was leading to a recommendation, else why ask for specifics.

I'd be very surprised if there was no one here from the NYC area. I've exchanged posts with some NYC'ers here in the past. I am assuming that Trader4 is from NYC, else why ask for clarification on the exact location?
I can always call Rotorooter or one of the other big generic outfits, but I have potentially over $1k of work to be done, and I'd rather forward my $ to the hardworking guy with a small business. I thought I could potentially help out someone here as well as myself.

Try this
<http://www.whitepages.com/business?key=plumbing&where=manhattan%2C+NY 4088 Results for Plumbing Contractors in Manhattan, NY
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:14:10 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:

You didn't say NYC, you said "NYC area". I'm in central NJ and many would consider that the "NYC area", but a plumber from here isn't going to go to the Bronx. I suggested you clarify your question because it would increase your chance of getting a useful response. And you still haven't given an idea of where in NYC the actual job is. NYC is a big place, travel isn't easy, and I'd be surprised if most plumbers from Staten Island would go to the Bronx or even if they would, if you'd want to pay their travel time.
I agree with Oren. From experience here, AFAIK, there was one person from NYC here occasionally, so chances are slim.
On 2/24/2014 5:26 PM, Eric wrote:

Last time I checked, Brooklyn was one of the five boroughs that comprise NYC. Typical Manhattanite thinking.