Goal 100%

My goal is to achieve 100%
Most of us have been taught to try for 100% in everything we do. While you may not achieve it, you have to strive for betterment and perfection.
Today, I got an Energy Use Guide from my electric company. They company my us to other homes of the same size and type in the area. I'm proud to say, I'm using 92% more than the most efficient in the neighborhood! Now that I have a benchmark, I'm shooting for it all, my goal is to use 100% more than those greenies.

Your house is obviously too cold, too dark, too quiet.
Slacker.
..and leave your TV set on even when no one's watching it.
--
nestork

Good for you Ed. The less you use, the more there is for me.

Whoosh!
On 4/28/2014 6:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

to make a giant carbon butt print. Their huge homes and private jets, they use to go to world conferences where they demand that other Earthlings use windmills, solar cells and impractical electrical vehicles for travel, certainly use more energy than hundreds of normal, sane citizens. You could also seek energy saver aversion therapy where you get and electric shock whenever you turn something off. ^_^
TDD
Ed,

They

You have a long way to go.
Dave M.
On 4/28/2014 6:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm guessing that you typed this on your phone, and that auto-correct struck again.
of the same size and type in the area.

That's probably what the utility is hoping you'll do, hence the notification.
Your money, your choice of how you want to spend it.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I wish my utility co. provides some thing like that. R2000 spec. hose, hi efficiency furnace, AC, most lighting is LED, 1.5Kw solar array on the roof, of all that, we use too much water even tho small yard is irrigated. One reason is IMO, we always take bath, seldom take showers. Next is reducing garbage.
On 4/29/2014 12:25 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Not sure you are saving. Many showers are rated at 2.5 gpm. A five minute shower uses a little over 12 gallons. What do you use to fill the tub? They usually have about a 42 gallon capacity so if you fill it half way you are using more than a shower.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Regular tub or Jacuzzi, and dry Sauna some times. They are raising power rate almost 50% this summer I still have little more than 3 years left on fixed rate. gasoline price jumped as well. Every thing is going up....only way is up.
On 4/29/2014 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

war (probably WWII) there was a push to conserve everything for our fighting boys. Someone noticed showers, all the water going down the drain, and suggested people take baths. And so they did. However, tub baths take a LOT more water. If you want empirical evidence of this, take a shower with the bath tub drain closed, and see how much water a shower really uses. Less than a sit down bath, for sure.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I believe generally speaking shower uses less water than bath. Our shower is separate from tub so filling water into tub taking shower is very difficult, LOL!

We're all behind ya, Ed. We *know* ya can do it!!!
On 4/29/2014 1:43 PM, ChairMan wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young