Gluing new nap into carpet "bald spots"

There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one of our carpets.

I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.

My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new strands in place?

Reply to
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Hot melt glue. That is what carpet installers seam the carpet with now days.

Reply to
Inspector D

Regular "hobbyist" hot melt glue, or something special for carpets?

Reply to
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Just move and tell the landlord that carpet is subject to normal wear and tear.

7 years maximum use. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Reply to
HaHaHa

I'm sure it's a special high strength product. I know that there are many kinds of hot melt glue sticks for many applications. Check at a store that sells carpet installer supplies. They may have the proper glue stick for small patch jobs. the seam glue is part of a system that includes the glue and a fiber woven backing on a paper tape substrate. It's placed under the seam and a special iron is used to melt the glue as it slides along the seam. These joints can be streatched against in a very few minutes. They set fast. good luck

Reply to
Inspector D

I always used clear silicon caulk...holds well and is flexible.

Reply to
dadiOH