Getting Rid of Fish Smell in Microwave

I have an average sized microwave, and we cooked fish in it recently, and it now has a strong fish odor. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can get rid of the odor. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
JD

Try cooking a cat in it....
--
SVL

snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com says...

I have to do ours pretty often, my wife likes fish. Get a soaking wet dish towel with a squirt of dish detergent on it ( I use Dawn). Toss it in a pile in the center and run the microwave on high for a few minutes. The scented steam will clean it out. It will take a few times, let it air out for a few minutes in between.
Dennis
Put a pan of ammonia in for a couple of hours.
Thanks to everyone who gave a serious reply.
JD

Well, the obvious approach is to unplug it, take it apart, and wash *everything*. But that may not be too easy.
The smell will go away eventually. The more you use it, the faster the smell will dissipate. Boiling a couple quarts of water in there, for half an hour or more, may speed up the process. I think I'd add a bit of lemon juice to the water, too - won't actually do much to remove the fish odor, but at least it will smell better.
--
Regards,
Open the door and fart in it then quickly close the door. May require a few applications.

I find a small saucer with a little vinegar kills odors fast.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/