Generators and electronics

Page 2 of 2
the honda generator sight reccomends inverter generators for sensitive electronics , i guess the ups mentioned is same thing,different way..
DS wrote:

Hi, What brand is yoyr gen set? Good ones cost more fora reason.

I vote for the UPS.
I have 3 of them running right now and wouldn't hesitate to run them with my generator.
Here is what the electricity looks like from some inverters and generators (not good!)...
http://www.jkovach.net/projects/powerquality/
On 1/23/2009 8:18 AM Bill spake thus:

Now we're getting somewhere; some real-world data to look at.
The waveforms for the Honda generator (EU2000i) actually look better than the power-company's juice. On the other hand, the cheap generators look like hell.
Inverters seem to rule the roost here.
--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I'd want to see the output of ALL cheap generators, not just the worse one and assume they are all like that. Don't fool yourself.
--
Van Chocstraw