Generator/Svc Question?

I have a Honda generator that feeds my house via a transfer switch. When active the main service is disconnected which is good.
There are no dials, meters or indicator lights on the transfer switch and to determine if the main power is back I have to actually trip the transfer back to main power. Not really a big deal but of course, anything that was running stops, etc.
As this is happening again today, I was wondering if there was a way to wire in (or have wired in) a neon or led indicator light on the main panel that monitors the main line and glows when current is present?
Is there a simple way to do this (schematic) or a commercial add-on product? Or something local electricians might be familiar with?
Just wondering.. Any ideas???
Thanks.
In typed:

Isn't there an outlet you can plug a light into?
Pop, if there was an outlet, he wouldn't be asking the question, would he?
typed:

In typed:

Did I say there was? No, I didn't.
bobmct wrote:

Common problem. Yes, you can wire a neon indicator to the Main coming in to the Transfer switch. Even better is an audible signal (Sonalert).
Will it be "to Code"? Can I just stick the Neon leads into the lugs along with the big fat wires? Do the Neon leads need overcurrent protection if tapped from the Main? Is it safe to do?
Those are the questions which will be difficult to answer.
Jim
Why not have a manual switchable off, alarm buzzer if you need line AC soon.