GE Microwave @!#&*! trim installation

After having shelled out about $100 on door handles of this GE spacemaker oven (circa 1995), I now bought the front trim, since the tape pealed off. Seems like there was as lot of glue on the one I took off, so I'm guessing I need to do the same. Any suggestion as to the kind of glue that should be used? Also, any pointers on installation are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Vijay (marlboro, new jersey)