Gas Oven

I just replaced my gas cook stove because the oven would not light, now I'm having the same problem with the new stove. The pilot light is lit but the burner will not ignite. could someone please help me.
cdsliger wrote:

G'day,
With a new one....a used one? Model#?

Pilot light flame....or glowing hot surface ignitor?
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#gas-help Some gas range helps.
cdsliger wrote:

Hmmm - Could there be some electrical connection thats bad? Does the range have a plug? if so, try plugging in a lamp to see if it goes on. If not, check the breaker first. I have one with electronic ignition that wouldn't work w/o power. I also have one with just a pilot that requires no power but yours may be different.