Gas heater/furnace advice needed

Hello,

I bought a house that has an old gas heater in it. It could very well be 50 years old and sits in the corner of the house. It is about three feet wide and four feet tall. The house is 1000 square feet in Florida. I am going to rent the house out and will need to have heat working. There are two new window units that blow cold air only, so cooling is covered. I guess I should have the gas company come inspect the heater. If it needs replacement, what kind of costs should I expect? Is there any brand names or websites I can go to? Am I doing the right thing by avoiding installing central AC for now because it is a rental?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stewart

Steve;

Your best bet is the Gas Co. Let him inspect it and confirm if the thing is safe, and installed properly. Then, if needed, they would probably recommend you call your friendly neighborhood HVAC person. Then, he could recommend either to replace and what brand if need be.

Reply to
Zypher