Gas Furnace Works Only When Power Reset

Hello,
My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle its power switch.
Please advise.
Thank you,
Sam
That's the furnace's way of telling you that it has a problem. You need to call someone who can diagnose and repair the problem

There is no way to troubleshoot a furnace remotely But it sounds as though it is locking out on a flame safety. You should have it checked before it locks out permanently.
I agree,have it checked or replaced..You can ask here too for advice or confirmation.. http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/forums.htm
HVACTECH2 wrote:

What senses the presence of the flame? Heat sensor- adjust, clean or replace.... Light sensor - clean or replace
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Hi, OP did not mention what model furnace. Flame is sensed by flame sensor after ignition. It'll try 3 times and will lock up. After certain lapse of time it'll reset itself or can be manually reset. Most common problem with sensor is slight rust build up on the surface. Rub it with emery cloth or such and it'll work again. First thing, pull the error code looking at blinking LED light on the logic control board counting long and short blinks before it is reset.