Gas Central Heating

When the fire goes-on in the furnace, it goes off about 10-15 seconds later. The blower stays-on, but the fire ignite on and off. The fire goes off/on over and over again while the furnace is working.
Does anyone knows what come be wrong with our furnace because it never behave like this before. Normally, the fire will stay-on. About 10 second before the furnace shuts down, then the fire goes off. The reason why I ask this is because it is taking to long to warm us-up now. I replaced the thermostat and the problem still exist.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, --AL

This is turtle.
Al , your going to have to give us a model number and serial number of the furnace or at least the brand & when you bought it.
What you say would say a flame sencer but without me knowing what type system you have it is nothing but a guess.
TURTLE
It says Carrier and the model # is CE3AXA000ABAA.
Thanks, AL

later.
off/on
second
ask
system

This is Turtle.
Now again how old is it ? Now again Give the serial number ? What fuel do you have it running on Propane or natural gas or fuel oil ?
Also the 000 number in the model number does not seem to be right. I know of no Carriers furnace with a [000] [no heat ability].
TURTLE
Hi Al, hope you are having a nice day
On 16-Mar-05 At About 22:35:01, Al Davis wrote to All Subject: Gas Central Heating
AD> When the fire goes-on in the furnace, it goes off about 10-15 seconds AD> later. The blower stays-on, but the fire ignite on and off. The fire AD> goes off/on over and over again while the furnace is working.
AD> Does anyone knows what come be wrong with our furnace because it AD> never behave like this before. Normally, the fire will stay-on. About AD> 10 second before the furnace shuts down, then the fire goes off. AD> The reason why I ask this is because it is taking to long to warm AD> us-up now. I replaced the thermostat and the problem still exist.
AD> Any input would be appreciated.
it sounds as though it is cycling on the limit. have you checked the filter?
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.
Yes. I changed it last week.
--Al

filter?
Hey Al, don't you still own the Oakland Raiders?
What kind of filter is it? The pleated filters and washable plastic electrostatic filters are very restrictive and reduce air flow, even when they are new. Better to use a cheap fiberglass filter. Also, don't close any grilles in the rooms you don't use. That also reduces air flow and can cause the problem that you are having.
Stretch