Garage spring broken -- UPDATE

Page 2 of 2

you're
Pretty fair pay if you consider what most of the population earns! When median income in the US is about $30,000, I would not sneeze at 2x that! Also consider that differant areas of the nation have differant cost of living. Two income family living in North Dakota, earning $40,000-$50,000 each can live very well. Same income in on either coast and you may be just getting by. Pay is not everything, time with family and friends, more time to play, less stress are worth more! Greg

These are impressive incomes, although I will personally stick to computer programming.

three
arrogant
over
typical
What kind of money is "good money" though?
I sit bored at a desk 8 hours a day and bring home $40K+ doing junk that I could do in my sleep (when there is actually anything to do). It's the dream job that everyone in high school wants. Lots of money for keeping your thumb warm.
I was MUCH happier working sheetmetal and transformers, but the pay was awful. I'd love working construction but the pay just ain't there to justify my even trying.
Part of the blame is our government school system that's become overrun with brain dead liberals who'd rather see a kid get an degree in unmarketable crap like English Literature (and then end up driving hack) then pursuing marketable skills such as HVAC, Carpentry, Auto Technology, etc.
Vo Tech programs have been slashed and kids have not been encouraged to pursue these fields because of these clowns that run most of our school systems.
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:06:52 -0600, "Greg O"

will
2
so
of
The city where I live has five high schools. Two of them still have traditional shop classes. the middle schools have none that I know of. They have been replaced with silk-screening, glass blowing and other such mind numb classes that offer training that maybe 1% would ever be able to make a buck at. Disgusting CR
On 12/29/2004 2:38 PM US(ET), CR took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

The local BOCES here has a house construction course. The students built a number of houses in the general area that were sold and are now occupied by home owners. BOCES = Board of Cooperative Educational Services. A system of sharing limited school resources with other schools in the area.
--
Bill

I have a guy whose business is called "Garage Door Man". I have called him twice. Once to finish an install of an opener I could not get aligned properly. He came the next day, a Sunday, and finished the job for $75. Second call was to replace a spring the "exploded." He came the same day at 8:00 pm. Replace both springs, added safety cables for $95.
I have a heating/cooling company that responds right away too. Guess I lucked out in NW New Jersey.
NJTrout

wise choice, I have had it with garage doors. Every time I work on them it becomes more expensive than if I had just called.
Check out the I-drives at the box stores. This opener mounts on the torsion bar and there are NO f'ing springs down the sides on some doors. My next home is going to have one of these

I agree.

Yes, I saw it on websites yesterday, sounds like a great product. Finally they came up with something simple...