garage heater - kerosene or propane & size?

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for your help. Nice talking to ya.

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:23:51 -0500, "Terry Vacha"

Kerosene works, as long as you can find it at a reasonable price. Just plan ahead and fire it up about an hour before you plan to work.
I use a kerosene in a 35,000 salamander heater leave the window or garage door cracked a little for oxygen, I have a thermostate on the heater..... works fine.
Tom

Terry
DO NOT!!!... I Repeat DO NOT!! use a table saw while wearing a "winter coat". You have received some very good advice here about heaters. Pick one and use it. If you have a coat on (or worse gloves) the physical size of your arms is much larger due to the puffy coat. We are all very careful around our saws, however, what would be a safe blade overreach in shirt sleeves could cost you an arm or at least a few fingers when wearing a winter coat. Warm that shop up before you start cut'n.
Jukin John been cutt'n for 30 years and still have all ten fingers......

The sawdust created is a fire hazard, so your choices are somewhat limited. I'd go with an infrared lamp, also less expensive to operate.
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:23:51 -0500, "Terry Vacha"