garage door repair question.

I noticed that my automatic garage door kept popping open after closing- then i noticed that one of the cables was off the drum. the main spring is fine and i got the door in the down position with the cables attached to the drums- there is still some slack. how do i fix the cables and drums so i can operate the door without the cables coming off the drum.
icandoit wrote:

The attachment of the main spring(s) to the drum shaft has to be loosened, the spring end(s) rotated, and then retightened.
Unless you are very handy, very careful, and very gutsy, most folks on this newsgroup, including me, will emphatically warn you NOT to do this yourself.
But, if you insist, at least go here and study, study, study before you start:
http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I worked with a guy who wound the spring on his garage door himself. He said it wasn't very difficult and his arm was in a cast for only a couple of months.
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:

Thank Richard Kinch for the photos, all I did was supply the link.
That just reminded me of my favorite Winston Churchill quote:
"I was not the lion, but it fell to me to give the lion's roar."
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
icandoit wrote:

icandoit wrote:

Would be nice if you mentioned what model opener you are talking about?