Furring a wall?

Demolished plaster covering on bath wall; studs remain. Installing green-back gypsum board.
The flanges of the vent stack that runs up one bay of the wall protrudes 3/4 inch.
Is there any option other than furring the entire wall? It's not a difficult task (wall is 5 ft wide, 8 ft tall), but I'm just wondering what options there are.
Thanks,
FWIW, the vent stack is located about 18 inches from one end of the wall.
Probably easiest - You could also sister new studs stickig out 3/4". advantage here is you can make them plumb and in same plane if thats a concern.

Is there any option other than furring the entire wall?
Yes, there is.
Best of luck, and let us know how it comes out!
--
Lyle B. Harwood, President
Phoenix Homes, Inc.