Furnace Trips

I have searched and seached for an answer for my problem with no luck (so far).
Here is the senerio:
Thermostat turns the furnace on... house gets nice and warm. So far so good. Then the house gets cold. Look at the therostat and... it agrees; it is cold. What happens (sometimes, not always) is that the reset on the furnace has tripped on the COMPLETION of the heating cycle (preheat,fan on, heat off, fan off). (I have checked it after a cycle but before the next cycle and it was tripped) Any ideas on what the problem is? Furnace model is Beckett. -------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 12, 8:08 pm, mschruiff_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (2112mike) wrote:

your likely best off to get the furnace serviced by a pro. espically if this is a 90+ furnace.
highly complex and technical, and a malfunction could freeze your pipes
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 12, 5:08 pm, mschruiff_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (2112mike) wrote:

Sometimes an indoor fan motor or its capacitor if it has one will overheat and stop running only to come back on again when it cools.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/12/2011 7:08 PM, 2112mike wrote:

Which safety is tripping? Is it a high limit safety switch?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 01:08:13 +0000, mschruiff_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (2112mike) wrote:

Golly, what kind of furnace is it? Gas, oil, coal?
And that's the brand, not the model.

Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 12, 8:08 pm, mschruiff_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (2112mike) wrote:

I don't think you know enough to say it tripped at the completion of the heat cycle. You just know it ran a while before tripping.
You need to post more specifics like type, brand, model to get better advice.
Safeties tripping are ether because what the are designed to trip on is happening or they are tripping falsely. You need to watch it and when it trips see what the conditions are.
Add pictures here
✖

You can watch and you can hear the thermostat operation !! If it coincides with the furnace, then it completed cycle. A furnace could still overheat near end of cycle, depending on temps.
Add pictures here
✖