Furnace Trips

I have searched and seached for an answer for my problem with no luck (so far).

Here is the senerio:

Thermostat turns the furnace on... house gets nice and warm. So far so good. Then the house gets cold. Look at the therostat and... it agrees; it is cold. What happens (sometimes, not always) is that the reset on the furnace has tripped on the COMPLETION of the heating cycle (preheat,fan on, heat off, fan off). (I have checked it after a cycle but before the next cycle and it was tripped) Any ideas on what the problem is? Furnace model is Beckett.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
2112mike

your likely best off to get the furnace serviced by a pro. espically if this is a 90+ furnace.

highly complex and technical, and a malfunction could freeze your pipes

Reply to
hallerb

Sometimes an indoor fan motor or its capacitor if it has one will overheat and stop running only to come back on again when it cools.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Which safety is tripping? Is it a high limit safety switch?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Golly, what kind of furnace is it? Gas, oil, coal?

And that's the brand, not the model.

Reply to
mm

I don't think you know enough to say it tripped at the completion of the heat cycle. You just know it ran a while before tripping.

You need to post more specifics like type, brand, model to get better advice.

Safeties tripping are ether because what the are designed to trip on is happening or they are tripping falsely. You need to watch it and when it trips see what the conditions are.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

You can watch and you can hear the thermostat operation !! If it coincides with the furnace, then it completed cycle. A furnace could still overheat near end of cycle, depending on temps.

Reply to
zek