furnace blowing all the heat up the chimney

Page 3 of 3

Colbyt wrote:

Hi, If it is limit control problem, flame will be off with blower running. Easy to see it.
It sounds like something is totally wrong. Happy to come over and take a look, if you wish. I'm in the phone book.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Hi, To me the furnace is a bit undersized to begin with. First thing first, If blower motor has a speed tap, it should run slower than when in cooling mode.(warm air is light vs. cold air) Does cooling mode work OK in summer? Had a look at evaporator coil? Is it clean?
     What exactly are you telling the techs? If you are telling them the air coming out of your vents is too cool, they might be thinking that it is doing the job and tell you nothing is wrong.
    Your problem, as I understand it is that you can't keep your home as warm as you would like. Tell that to the techs. Don't over think it, that is the job for the techs.