Functional difference?

Between Radiant Barrier foil at about $0.13/sq ft

and

Ordinary turkey-wrapping aluminum foil at $0.03/sq ft

To cover 2000 sq ft of a roof's underbelly with commercial radiant barrier would cost, um, about $250.00

To do the same area with heavy-duty aluminum foil would cost about $58.00 for the foil and $1.27 for the extra staples (foil is 18" vs 48" for the barrier stuff).

Reply to
HeyBub

No antennas in the attic, I take it?

Reply to
aemeijers

If you can get it up and keep it there w/o tearing, as far as the radiant barrier it'll be little different. The difference is the real stuff is much heavier for the purpose.

--

Reply to
dpb

Hi, Penny wise, pound foolish!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've heard of people using mylar "space" blankets. The one time I needed some insulation, I got mylar bubble wrap, which seemed like a good idea.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon