Functional difference?

Between Radiant Barrier foil at about $0.13/sq ft
and
Ordinary turkey-wrapping aluminum foil at $0.03/sq ft
To cover 2000 sq ft of a roof's underbelly with commercial radiant barrier would cost, um, about $250.00
To do the same area with heavy-duty aluminum foil would cost about $58.00 for the foil and $1.27 for the extra staples (foil is 18" vs 48" for the barrier stuff).
HeyBub wrote:

No antennas in the attic, I take it?
--
aem sends...

HeyBub wrote:

If you can get it up and keep it there w/o tearing, as far as the radiant barrier it'll be little different. The difference is the real stuff is much heavier for the purpose.
HeyBub wrote:

Hi, Penny wise, pound foolish!
I've heard of people using mylar "space" blankets. The one time I needed some insulation, I got mylar bubble wrap, which seemed like a good idea.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus