FRIGIDAIRE WASHER

My 2 year old front load frigidaire washer (model GLTF1240ASO) is giving me problems. The drum won't spin or move at all. The machine fills and empties okay. I had a technician come and take a look. He checked the speed control, the door latch and told me it was the motor. I purchased a motor, which obviously wasn't the problem since the washer still does not spin. Anyone with a similar problem of knowledge that can shed some light on the problem. The only part that has not been tested is the timer. I don't want to spend any more unnecessary money. The technican that came out won't return my phone calls.

Reply to
annika

Can you turn the drum by hand? If yes, maybe it's the controller module. If not, perhaps it's the bearing.

We have a front-load washer that was built for Sears by Frigidaire and had to have the controller module replaced (under warranty: at least $200 + labor otherwise).

The service guy said the most common problem with them (at least with this model) is bearing failure (mucho espensivo to fix -- more than the cost of a new machine -- because it takes two people at least a couple of hours, plus a whole new drum/bearing/shaft assembly, because they're not available separately). The most common cause of this failure, he said, is using ordinary detergent instead of the low-sudsing detergent made specially for front-loaders; we stock up on the latter at Sears when they have it for half price.

How knowledgeable was the tech. who came? The circuit diagram and fault-finding checklist were in an envelope inside the access panel on ours, and it took the service guy only about 5 min. to figure out the problem, 5 min. to get the new part from the truck, and 5 min. to replace it.

Perce

On 10/26/05 03:22 pm annika tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy