fridge now freezing everything?

I've got an older Viking refridgerator (about 17 years old). It has always worked perfect. I noticed three days ago that the milk, orange juice and fresh veggies are freezing! The temp setting is on its lowest in the fridge and about half way in the freezer.
Other than a pooched fridge, what could be causing this? Is there a vent or something I can clean? Anything else thats simple? I'd hate to spend $1K on a new fridge if I can squeeze another few years outta this girl.
bmoney
On Sun, 01 May 2005 19:24:53 GMT, "Hamilton Audio"

Possibly a thermostat that has gone bad is causing it not to cut off.
Steve B.
Hamilton Audio wrote:

always
and
fridge
vent or

spend $1K

Hi,
Canadian Viking...model# may not help us as most/many Canadian model#s' are not online :(

What is the temp inside the freezer?

Bad cold control, inefficient refrigeration system ( why we test the FZ temp ), wrong control settings, light bulb staying on inside confusing the control....
Check the temps inside and let us know :)

always
fridge
or
I would try the iced up freezer coil idea first. Where is your freezer? Is there a fan in the freezer? To defrost you might just turn it off and let the whole box thaw out.
Since it's cooling, it is repairable. Sounds like needs a cold control. Most applicance guys can get one, and install it with not much trouble.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus