Foundation vents

I've just bought an older house that needs replacement foundation vents. The current vents are metal frame, mortared in place in a block foundation. Most are damaged, missing screens, adjustment levers, etc. I've seen various types of replacements. Some are black plastic with a lip and 2 bolts on the inside edge of the sides, meant to be screwed out to clamp the vent in place from the outside. Others are steel or plastic frame that seem to be designed identical to the originals and appear to be much more difficult to install.. requiring chisel and hammer work to remove the originals and heaven knows what kind of wrangling to get into place and them mortaring to lock in place. Does anyone have experience with this job and any recommendations on type to use or supplier of vents. Thanks!
David Dixon
Dependng on where you are, you may want to encapsulate your crawlspace. Give me your city & state and climate conditions. You can also email me directl at sixfoot7 at sccoast dot net. I will email you an article on crawlspaces.
Stretch wrote:

Please post the article or a link to it. I am in Southern California and facing the same project.