Forced hot water system, want to purge air in second floor baseboards, no expansion tank HELP!

Hello,
I have a problem here in Southeast NH. We have forced hot water heat system with baseboard heaters. It looks like someone cut corners and we have NO expansion tank. I have been unable to locate any bleeder valves on any of the base board heaters upstaris, and am pretty sure I have an airlock situation in that zone (the hot water is going out the zone but the upstars baseboards NEVER get even tepid, nevermind warm). There is also other clues like my other two zones get and stay quite warm/hot when the zone I think is airlocked comes on...
Is there anyway I can manually purge the air from this zone, or am I going to have to pay someone to come in to cut into the pipes, add expansion tank, bleeders on second floor?
It would take a long time to explain the layout of this sytem - and I am not a plumber - but I can take some digital pictures to help with any questions that arise about the layout.
I think it's a closed loop system attached to a water heater. There is a small pump right inline with the three zone valves, and all the zones come back to a return that goes back into my water heater.
Any one with suggestions would be great.
Also, does cutting into the system involve shtting off the main water into the house from the well or just the main at the water heater itself?
Thanks,
Joel
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are you saying that your baseboards are connected to your water heater?
Sure am...
Yes that is what I am saying...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Do you ever have the boiler maintained? When they are there have them explain the operation to you. You give very little info but you should go to heatinghelp.com and research before asking "questions"

To close this thread:
Plumber replaced the zone valve and also purged a ton of air from all three heat zones, and things are working great now. Also, RE: Expansion tank - he said my well tank is setup to work as the expansion tank in my house.
Total cost 250.00 Not bad at all.