Fluorescent Tube Disposal

Page 3 of 3

Do you ask your wife inflamatory questions, and then sleep on the sofa?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 6/29/10 7:27 PM, Jason Bourne wrote:

"Javelining" suggestion is the clear winner-- I like it in part because I actually threw a javelin back in the day on the high school track team.
As for the $5000 disposal bill from the feds, that's not as far-fetched as you'd like to think.
I'm self-employed and have two Keogh retirement accounts. If you own a Keogh, you have to file a Form 5500 EZ annually with the IRS which simply is a report of how much money you contributed to the account the past year and what's the current balance in the account. Why that form needs to be eight pages long is another story.
Anyway, as I have been doing each July for the last 20 years, I fill out the forms, stuff them in an envelope and mail them off. In July 2009, I get a form letter telling me I am delinquent because I only filed one form with them for 2007. So I write back saying that I filed both forms and mailed them both in the same envelope. I said that since they got one, they must have received the other one as well. I also enclosed a photo copy of the form they say I never filed.
About three months later, I get a letter saying they are imposing a $14,300 fine (yes, fourteen THOUSAND bucks!) payable in 60 days just for filing a report a year late! Note that I hadn't owed them any money, just that they said I didn't file a report! They counted the date they received the photocopy as the original filing date.
I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone so I write back again saying my report was timely filed and no fine is due. They write back again and say pay up or they will seize the money from the Keogh account.
At this point, I know I've got a real problem so I go to my congressman's district office with the paperwork and ask for his help dealing with those idiots. I'll say this, the next month, I get another letter from IRS saying no penalty is due and the matter is resolved! You can believe the guy gets my vote this year!
Jason Bourne wrote:

I went through a similar event. I politely apologised for the error in writing and asked them to excuse it, which they politely did.
On 6/30/2010 7:55 AM, Jason Bourne wrote:

Affirmative Action strikes again. "Hello, employment service? Do you have any imbeciles applying for work today? Yes? Good! Send them on over, we need some more bureaucrats for our government office."
TDD
Back when Kodak had employees, the joke was that a female black Jew could be Vice President in a year, due to Affirmative Action.
Discrimination: Hiring employees based on their race, gender, skin color, religion, or other qualification which is not skill based.
Affirmative action: Hiring employees based on their race, gender, skin color, religion, or other qualification which is not skill based.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 7/1/2010 6:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I once described Affirmative Action as a quadriplegic gymnastics coach.
TDD
You'd been better with the cash in a shoe box. Less likely to get siezed.
That's typical politician. Rocks the boat, and then claims he's the only man who can calm the storm.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On, the congresscritters are actually quite "in bed" with the IRS. The IRS never finds problems with the returns of congresscritters. In fact, often the IRS send people over to "assist" the congresscritters & staff complete their returns. (NB: the FBI usually is the agency to find "tax evasion" by politicians.)
By letting the congresscritter "resolve" the issue, they make him look good to the sheep.

http://tinyurl.com/2vdtsx5

You could do what I did...
I leaned one up against a washing machine in a basement with a slab floor.
As I walked away I heard it sliding along the front of the machine. Knowing I was too far away to catch it, I just kept my back to it and ducked.
It hit the floor, exploded and rained glass all over the basement - and me. Years later I was still finding little pieces of glass on *top* of the I-beam and in the cavities above the block wall.
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:27:40 -0400, Jason Bourne

I dunno.
I DO KNOW, though, that if you place one end on the concrete floor, and hold the other end straight up with a fingertip, and then let it fall over on it's side and hit the concrete, it EXPLODES violently and sends tiny shards of glass and a white powder all over the woodshop.
DAMHIKT.
-Zz

re: DAMHIKT
I don't have to ask...look at what I posted about 5 hours earlier.
BTDT...had to wash the T-Shirt.