Florida Tile

Greetings all;
I'm considering buying Florida Tile for my bathroom floor. Since they are faily new here in Canada, I'd be interested in hearing from those who have been living with their products. How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you buy them again? Anything I should know about installation (will go on a plywood sub-floor)? Maintenance? Any and all information is much appreciated. Thanks.
LD
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (LD) wrote in

I purchased my home 4 years ago with Florida tile installed in the bathroom (1x1 on the floor). It was installed in the early 70's over plywood. They raised several kids and I have 3 and there have been no tile related failures. Cat urine, on the other hand, is a handy tile remover.
Chris

Living in Florida, I'm wondering what we might be scamming Canadians with in the tile department. Never heard of "Florida Tile" here.
Jeff
Jeff Cochran writes:

It's a manufacturer's name, not a style.

It's a company, not a type of tile: Florida Tile Industries, in Lakeland. Makes good consumer-grade tile, sold extensively by the DIY chains.
--
Chris Green

On 12 Feb 2004 22:48:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Christopher Green) wrote:

Ah. Maybe I need to start looking there for tile instead of the tile shops... :)
Thanks,
Jeff

I own a tile and stone distribution company in FL. I show FL Tile Co. tile. It is inexpensive and yet very durable. My suggestion is to go with the FL Tile if you like it. However, the kicker here is that you can make that 2.30 (for example) tile look like a 10.00 tile with some properly placed hand made tile liners or listellos or a few decorative tiles. The big box DIY businesses are fine for many flooring needs but to really get a personalized look go to a local designer and ask them for some help. Or call the Canadian equivalent of the American Society of Interior Designers and ask them for "Industry Partners" that are tile show rooms in your area. These show rooms should carry designer/custom tile for your use. And don't be afraid of the idea of custom or designer, just cuz it sounds expensive doesn't mean it is. good luck. gv

go
Canadians
even
Yes, and Florida makes it. We brought home some 6"x6" dark charcoal samples from a local tile store. I believe the part number was 9906, but that might have been the 12" square number. Ask a FL dealer.

from
(will
here.
Co.
go
you
some
decorative
anything
supplier?
I don't know what "local" means to you, but here is the place that had the samples we brought home. http://www.fitzgeraldtile.com/ You could call them.
http://www.floridatile.com /
I live in Lakeland. Florida tilew is a great company with top of the line products It's been here for over 50 years
Kickstart
LD writes:

They've been around a long time, and make a quality product. Most tile these days is imported and of widely varying quality.