floor sanding then vacuuming/tacking question

My floor guy screened my floors, used a tack cloth and vacuum (not sure of which he did first) then put down polyurethane. There's dust in the finish. I suggested he come back and screen, then vacuum and tack, then wait a few days, then tack again and put down poly.

He said he could wait the few days, THEN screen, tack and vacuum and then immediately put down the poly.

Is he right, or should he wait a second time?

Thanks,

Reply to
Anon

I don't know about how many days he should wait but there will be dust in the air that will settle in the poly if he does it immediately after. Just my tw cents.

Reply to
SDS

If he is using waterborne polyurethane, I'd want him to sand, vacuum, go over with damp cloth or tack cloth and then put down the finish ASAP. It's best to have a fan drawing the dust out a window as the screening is taking place so there isn't as much dust in the air. These new "grabber" mops are great for getting all the dust up!!

If he is using oil base polyurethane, you'll have some dust specks no matter when he puts the finish down.

Tom J who has applied as many as 7 coats of waterborne in one day.

Reply to
Tom J

He is making a bit of dust by vacuming,some dust will blow out the machine. He should vacume then tack cloth before he puts down the finish

Reply to
mark Ransley