floodlights with light/motion sensor

I have a pair of two floodlights that go on automatically when it is dark out and there is animal motin in the back yard.

Two problems. Would a newer model have some way around these problems?

1) When there is a power failutre, these two big flood lights go on and stay on. There are power failures here all the time, usually for only a couple seconds but that is enough. Are there models that would ignore very short power failures, or at least do so if it is daytime at the time, or at least turn off the next morning?

2) Often it goes on on a cloudy day, but when there is still substantial light. I think I adjusted it to not be so sensitive, but it still happens.

Are there better models than what I have?

Reply to
mm

The technology is the same in all of them, however some models have more control over the features. Most units are designed to allow the lights to stay on by momentarily flipping the wall switch off, then quickly back on. A momentary power failure simulates this feature, and I don't believe there is any way around it

Reply to
RBM

If you want to know if there are "better" models than what you have, at least tell us what models you actually have.

mm wrote:

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

The one I installed recently works pretty much like what you want. A momentary power off/on will turn on the light, but only when it is dark. If you lock it on during the night, it resets at dawn. Not sure what brand it is, I got it at Home Depot. Mine is a glass fixture, not a floodlight, but I assume the method of operation would be the same on other models. You can check the operation manual before you buy one.

Reply to
DT

i think i would be looking onto why the power fails so often. is it just your place or does it include neighbors who share a transformer? it is possible you may have a bigger problem than your lites. but they do make them that supposedly dont nuisance trip from animals, but most all i believe have the manual override.

Reply to
sym

Reply to
harlen