Flakes of dirt remain when dishwasher finishes

I've had the hardest luck Googling this, because "dirty dishes" implies that there are still bits of dirt on the dishes themselves. My dishwasher does usually get everything off--cheese is about the one thing it can't handle. The problem is that there will be flakes of dirt leftover. It will dry into the face-down-cups and pool in water left on stuff in the top rack.
I assume the problem has something to do with drainage, and that this stuff is left around when the dishwasher starts rinsing. The dishwasher connects to me disposal through a flexible, corrugated tube. It seems to come out towards the bottom back of the dishwasher into the in-sink-aerator's dishwasher port.
There wasn't much tube to play with, but I managed to loop it around itself and tie it together that way. This hasn't helped the problem. What should I try next?
Adam Preble <adamDOTprobleATgmailDOTcom> wrote in

I should followup. I did get the filter off--or what I thought was the filter. I saw that some water had puddled down in there where it goes to the pump. That has a screen on it that has some stuff clogged in there, but I can't explain the blockage from that. The dishwasher always drains enough that I can't see a puddle inside when I finally open it up. However, I imagine this isn't good either.
Adam Preble wrote:

Hi, What model, how old is this dish washer? Is the hot water hot enough or does dish washer pre heat water? Is your water hard? Sounds like to me, the pump is not working well(either worn out or due to build up) Using detergent powder or liquid?
On Dec 16, 3:12 pm, Adam Preble <adamDOTprobleATgmailDOTcom> wrote:

with no dishes and no detergent, start dishwasher and listen, after the dishwasher pumps out the sump at the beginning of the cycle, before it adds water, add a gallon of white vinegar and run full cycle without adding any detergent or dishes. then run it again with no dishes no detergent. similar instruction is is often found in the manual. if that fails i had great success with spray nine, a degreaser disinfectant. buy a gallon, start dosage as above with a quart. the pathway of my manual requirements for my dishwasher drain hose is to loop with their hose clip above the altitude of the point of entry into the sink waste trap, so that the discharged dishwasher and sink waste does not go downhill back into the dishwasher. see: www.spraynine.com
spray nine.