Finish Nail Gun?

Page 2 of 2

Bought a brand new DeWalt 18ga. pin nailer at a pawn shop recently. I like it. $30.
Steve
Davej wrote:

I'll stick with my PC's Although I did buy the 16 penny nailer and it works pretty good. It's very heavy though and when using it which is not very often (framing nailer) my arm is sore after only 1 hour of use.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

I bought a small Husky twin tank compressor , a framing gun , a finish gun , hose , nails , oil , ect.(complete kit) for 287 bucks at Homedepot online...Works GREAT for what I use it for..... Need to get a better hose though...

Ok, I learned something. If you buy a finish gun be sure to get one with a rubber "no mar" tip. If you buy an older gun like I did it might not have one. When you fire the gun it tends to bounce and a metal tip will dent soft wood.

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.
Practice makes perfect.

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.
Practice makes perfect.
Reply: tweaking the adjustment screw helps, too.