Final finish on hardwood floors

Do a Google search on wood restoration. Saw a company online recently that offered different viscosities of cyanoacrylate resins for wood repair. Sometimes these are used to firm up old soft wood prior to an epoxy repair. If the area isn't all that big, just buy some Crazy Glue, the usual consumer form of cyanoacrylate resin we are all familiar with. Then cover the bad spots with it, put down a sheet of polyethylene film on top, something flat and heavy on top of that and let it cure. Light sanding and recoating with a water based poly varnish ouhgt to do it. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I just finished putting down prefinished hardwood flooring in three bedrooms, medium quality, with some imperfections (knots, etc.) While banging some of the boards down, a few of them cracked along the grain, or the finish cracked. I was wondering what would be the best way to fix these boards? I don't want to remove them, just prevent from getting splinters, and to get them to shine evenly in the light. I was thinking I could sand these areas down with a 200(?) type grit, then touch them up with some kind of varnish? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

Reply to
70's