Fernco coupling okay for underground sewer pipe?

That's crap... If that were the case any work done to the line would require its replacement with PVC...

Reply to
Evan

Well, if your house has cast iron sewer pipe and stack, MANY insurance companies will NOT write you a policy for new business without having it replaced. ANd any time sewer lines are replaced here they are NOT replaced with cast iron - not Transite (or cement) either. The only thing used around here is PLASTIC - both inside the house and underground.

Reply to
clare

Wrap about 200 layers of duct tape around them. I saw this on one of them redneck home improvement shows. They ran a pipe from the outhouse pit to the kids swimming pool so the pool would get filled up for the kids. I guess they said the bathtub was plugged in their trailer house so they needed a place to wash the kids, the huntin dogs, and a place to clean blood out of the dead possums then dun shot. Maybe it was the Red Green shown I dont recall.

Reply to
billyhill

Pretty common to butt the two pipes together and mix up a couple of bags of Sakrete and dump it on the joint.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Yes. But have to be a fernco with a shear ban.

Reply to
leonettianto

I know this post is 11yrs old, but you are supposed to use black ABS pipe for sewer lines. Not PVC. Then you can use a fenco coupler. They work great. Just make sure the pipe is pushed all the way in the sleeve.

Reply to
Metrmanmichael