Fernco coupling okay for underground sewer pipe?

Page 2 of 2
It would be much better to use a "no hub clamp". These have a stainless steel band in addition to the rubber and band clamps. They are much better about keeping the pipes in line and not allowing the pipe ends to misalign. These work quite well on cast iron to PVC connections.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
On 4/6/2011 9:23 AM, RogerT wrote:

when i had a similar situation, i drove about 10' of 3" INTO the 4" cast and that was the extent of my connection. MY connection was under a basement floor, so being out in the yard where little tree roots can (and will) go anywhere, you might want to pack such a connection with tar and wrap with some asphalt shingles or something to prevent the root infiltration.
--
Steve Barker
✖

Wrap about 200 layers of duct tape around them. I saw this on one of them redneck home improvement shows. They ran a pipe from the outhouse pit to the kids swimming pool so the pool would get filled up for the kids. I guess they said the bathtub was plugged in their trailer house so they needed a place to wash the kids, the huntin dogs, and a place to clean blood out of the dead possums then dun shot. Maybe it was the Red Green shown I dont recall.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 8, 2:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@heehaw.com wrote:

Pretty common to butt the two pipes together and mix up a couple of bags of Sakrete and dump it on the joint.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖
Yes. But have to be a fernco with a shear ban.
Add pictures here
✖