Faulty Ball Valve?

Hello,
The water from our water tank in the loft keeps overflowing out of the overflow pipe.
We recently replaced the ball valve and I checked the level at which it shuts off the water however, the water has started to overflow again?
--
M.Joshi

M.Joshi wrote:

Might also post to this group:
UK.D-I-Y

Water pressure too high?
M.Joshi wrote:

ball valve. Presume you mean that a ball shaped float is hooked to the valve (probably by means of a solid rod). For that type of system you simply bend the rod between the valve and the float so that the water level turns off about 1/8-1/4 inch below the top of the overflow. You need to bend the rod down so that the valve closes at a lower water depth.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Forgot to mention that you should check for free movement of the ball float. Any interference and you will be unable to get a consistent water level.

This is the valve that feeds the tank? If so, that shouldn't have anything to do with an overflow I would think. If the water is coming out of the PRV (Pressure Release Valve) than either it's failing or your water pressure is too high for it. Sounds like either way, the PRV needs to be replaced you just have to figure out why. Cheers, cc
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

No. This is not a hot water tank or anything of that sort. It is an accumulator tank (think cistern) which is found commonly in the attics of older homes in the UK. The valve in question is probably much like the float valve in the tank of a WC and regulates how full the tank is refilled.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw Wrote:

Thanks for the reples and suggestions - I hadn't thought about the pressure being too high however, shouldn't ball valves be able to withstand mains water pressure?
--
M.Joshi