Fans - care and cleaning of motor, oil? Looking for suggestions

Page 2 of 2
On 5/4/15 7:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

If it has only been sitting a couple of days, it starts on low. If it's been several days, it needs a nudge, or I press a button with more torque.
My car engine is the same way. If I let it sit a week, it won't start in low. I get around that by pressing the clutch before I turn the key. ;)
I leave the face grill off my fan because it doesn't hurt to stick my finger in the downwind side. I've spent countless hours researching how it felt to stick my fingers into fans from different sides! Ceiling fans should always blow down so a tall person will get only a gentle reminder.
On 5/3/15 8:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It seems to be about half naphtha, about a quarter light oil, and about a a quarter heavy oil. I like it better than WD-40 for some purposes.

I keep 20W in an ancient 1-ounce oiler for 1725 RPM synchronous motors. I prefer spindle oil to get into the tight spaces of smaller motors such as household fans. Bicyclists prefer it. It will get into the links of a chain and is less likely than motor oil to make a mess on your white stockings when you pedal to church in your lederhosen.

switched to a similar CRC product because I found it left a better lubricating film.

CRC 2-26 ? I use it for electronics and light oiling.
Greg
On 5/4/15 3:04 AM, gregz wrote:

It floats on water. Pb blaster displaces water. I generally use nd 20 pull spout oiler. You might also be able to use LPS 2 . 3n1 blue can. I have used WD 40 to free up bearings, then add oil, since wd40 has very thin mineral oil and spirits.
Greg
Greg
On 5/4/2015 2:53 AM, gregz wrote:

I've known of people to use the older WD as engine starting spray. I think it had some propane or butane. Please don't spray it over a lit flame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AMYNa0sLmQ

I agree, WD is reasonable to good for freeing up bearings, greasy equipment, etc. It's also of course a water displacer. - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .
will the person who freed up the bearings with WD40 confirm your fire insurance is paid...........
some people leave their fans running forever in warm weather mistankedly believing a running fan some how cools a room............
go out with a fan withbad bearings can be a fire hazard
.
On 5/4/2015 7:48 AM, bob haller wrote:

fan some how cools a room............

Would the person who believes this please reply to this post?
On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 9:18:42 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

my best friends entire family believes this it drives bill crazy, they leave for work early in the am and leave multiple fans running all day. to cool the rooms
i suggested bill just get central AC since the energy used would keep things cooler
as is the fans running in a closed room just raise the temperature
On 5/4/2015 7:48 AM, bob haller wrote:

I read this three times, and can't figure what you mean. Are we talking dating, romance, and relationships?
Would I need a dating web site to go out with a fan?

If the fan is actually listed, it will have a thermal fuse in it. That is usually what is blown when they are just "dead".
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 10:08:29 PM UTC-5, > wrote:

Mr E has the best suggestions from my experience with same...