Eyeballs for inground swimming pool

We have a swimming pool that's about 25 years old, all of the eyeballs have long broken and I'm looking to replace them, I can't find the original ones with the four screws around the edge but the pool jets are threaded as well, so I measured the thread of the output pipes and it's exactly 1 and 1/2 inches, so I went to the local pool store and bought 1 and 1/2 inch eyeballs, but they were slightly too large and the pool store didn't have any smaller ones, I also can't seem to find ones on the internet that look like they would fit, if 1 1/2 sized eyeballs won't screw into a 1 and 1/2 thread, what size will and where can I find them?

I've got the same problem, and have been looking for several weeks. I've tried multiple pool stores, plumbing stores, and the local Home Depot(s). Nobody at any of the places I've tried has offered any help or hope...
I'm coming to the conclusion that I may have to fabricate something.
Schism wrote:

Call Jack at mypool.com and perhaps he can help. He's a great guy, and very resourceful.
http://www.mypool.com/introduction.htm