Exterior concrete and stone foundation

I have a home built one week after the end of the civil war, and it was added on to five times.
My problem is I have a parts in one area that is concrete poured over sandstone. The sandstone needs coating and I can't get a contractor to come out and work on it because its too small of a job.
What's the best material to use on this. It needs to be coated above and below grade,
I was thinking of a using that new latex concrete and then coating it with UGL waterproofing paint/cement.
If I'm making a mistake please advise me.
Thank you
Richard
Are you wanting to coat the sandstone for looks, preservation, or waterproofing?
I would use this material: http://www.thoroproducts.com/waterproofing_tips.asp

it was added on to five

over sandstone. The

and work on it because