Extending ledger past the roof line

On the gable end of my house I am installing a patio cover. The ledger attached to the house is

12 feet long (2x8) with rafters (2x6) at 16in. The rafters are 10 ft long with a 3-12 pitch. I need to extend the ledger/rafters 32inches , or 3 rafters, past the eave/overhang house roof with a 10/12 pitch. The overhang is 15 inches out from the house. I plan to attach a continuation header from the 5th from the end rafter (with a joist hanger, 15 inches down its length), thru the 4th from the end rafter (with a 50% cut out of both the rafter and header w/metal connectors to span the cut sections of both rafter/ header), then bolt the ledger to the eave/roof rafter coming down from the house framing. The ledger will continue about 32 inches past this attachment point and have 2 rafters attached out on the end. I plan to put an additional brace of a 2x6 running from the eave/overhang below the ledger out about 16inches up to attach to the header with a 45 degree cut (or so).

Does this sound workable/stable, or is there another way to extend this ledger past the roof line. Thanks...

Reply to
AgaPSDIVER

Diagram ^ roof---> / \ / \ overhang / \ | / __________\_____ -------Ledger / | | | | | | \| | | / rafters- | | | | | | |\ | |

??